Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh No, Not "One More Thing"

Why is it that when a Mother (or anyone for that matter) can't handle "one more thing" on their plate or they'll just scream "one more thing" ALWAYS hits?

Well, "one more thing" hit last week with a vengeance. Not only do we have 20 days and counting until we have to be completely packed and moved, but Scott came down with a HORRIBLE cold last Monday, followed by Noah on Thursday. They've been miserable! Noah has never been the kind of child who runs fevers even with ear infections. Therefore, when he started running 103.6 degree fever these last few days I was FREAKING out. Thank the Lord for Motrin! I kept on thinking about those poor children and mothers in the olden' days that didn't have our modern conveniences and medicine. What a horrible feeling that must have been to have a screaming hot child with nothing to give them to ease their pain. Boy, and I thankful it's 2009. Scott turned the corner Friday and is feeling much better. Noah's on the way to recovery now.
Please pray for me that I don't get it. I just can't handle "one more thing." Whoops, I jinxed myself. Hello cold, here I come!

1 comment:

Maridy Carpenter said...

Oooo, I know how that goes. Not fun. I'm praying for you all.

And I totally feel that way when Sara gets sick. I am so thankful for modern medicine!